Strategies to help you manage bipolar disorder.
Watch part 1 of this conversation – 10 bipolar disorder myths: https://youtu.be/kUHUmeqBZAA
Thanks to Tristan J. Miller for helping me with this episode. Check out his awesome stuff:
Twitter ► https://twitter.com/TristanJMiller1
Stand up comedy ► https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIBoMbe43o
YouTube ► https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbX5roTYKpxkCQS4mbX1aCA
Instagram ► https://www.instagram.com/tristanjmiller/
Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/TristanJohnMiller
Podcasts ► https://www.tristanjmiller.com/podcaster
Website ► https://www.tristanjmiller.com/
11 Bipolar Depression Skills:
1. Stay sober.
2. Avoid gambling.
3. Find a therapist.
4. Understand the pattern of your bipolar disorder.
5. Get consistent sleep.
6. Know how your symptoms manifest.
7. Talk to your friends about your bipolar depression.
8. Get medication (if you need it).
9. Consume awesome stories.
* NAMI’s bipolar disorder webpage: https://www.nami.org/learn-more/mental-health-conditions/bipolar-disorder
* Reddit’s bipolar community: https://www.reddit.com/r/bipolar/
* Tristan’s manic-depressive starter pack: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/the-manic-depressive-starter-pack-e35362a5079b
* International bipolar foundation: http://ibpf.org/
* Marbles by Ellen Forney: https://marblesbyellenforney.com/
* Rock Steady by Ellen Forney: https://www.npr.org/2018/05/17/609367492/in-rock-steady-ellen-forney-combines-mental-health-advice-artistry-and-wit
* Broadway’s Next to Normal: https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/14/theater/reviews/14normal.html
* Maria Bamford’s bipolar comedy: https://youtu.be/Yp2stpr-aGA
* An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/361459.An_Unquiet_Mind
* Stephen Fry – The Secret life of the Manic Depressive: https://youtu.be/uj8hqXd7N_A
* The Icarus Project NYC – We are a support network, advocacy organization and media project by and for people who experience the world in ways that are often diagnosed as mental illness: http://nycicarus.org/
* Stigma fighters – a mental health non-profit organization dedicated to helping real people living with mental illness: http://stigmafighters.com/
* Ali on Tristan’s podcast: https://soundcloud.com/positveandnegativepodcast/episode-fifty-eight-ali-mattu
* Bipolar disorder help
* Manic depression
* Mania and hypomania
* Bipolar disorder therapy
* Bipolar disorder medication
* Bipolar disorder coping skills
* Bipolar disorder self-help techniques and tools
* Mental health
Connect with Ali:
Twitter ► http://twitter.com/alimattu
Facebook ► http://www.facebook.com/thepsychshow
Instagram ► http://instagram.com/alimattu
Snapchat ► https://www.snapchat.com/add/alimattu
Email ► email@example.com
Website ► http://alimattu.com/
THE PSYCH SHOW! Making psychology fun and easy to understand. Produced, written, and edited by clinical psychologist Ali Mattu, Ph.D. All videos are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute clinical advice.
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
– call 9-1-1 in the United States or your country’s emergency number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of…
– call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines: http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis…
– text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline…
– go to your nearest hospital emergency room